As Matcha grows in popularity, it’s imperative to recognize the premium source of the premium green tea.
The human mind is very capable of inventing shortcuts.
- Regarding Authentic Matcha:
- Soil preparation is important.
- It should be tilled 2 to 3 meters
- It should be shade-grown, preferrably with 3 layers of shading.
- Leaves should be wide and thin.
- There should be 5 years of maintenance before any product is harvested.
- They should be kept trimmed and weeds should be pulled.
- At the 2 year mark there should be a ‘test’ harvest.
And now, some news from around the world.
What are people doing with Green Tea?
Christina Peralejo of the Vancouver Observer says this of Chef Kev’s creations: “I’m also partial to his green tea truffles as they are never too sweet and contain just the right hint of green tea to roll around in your mouth. …”
Hot Chocolate and Green Tea: New Chocolate Combination from Oliver Kita Chocolates. “It adds a wonderful undertone of green tea taste to the cacao flavor.”
The Premium, Authentic Matcha!